Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fire Til I Die

Well, for any of you who know me at all well, you know what a big part of my life is devoted to soccer, and in particular the Chicago Fire.
I applied for a job writing about the Fire this summer and didn’t get it, so I’ve decided to make my own blog dedicated to the Chicago Fire instead. I’m not a professional journalist, and I don’t have access to any information about the club that can’t also be found in newspapers or online. With that being said, there really aren’t very many places to go to online for opinions and analysis on Major League Soccer and its teams, so I’m hoping that soccer fans out there will enjoy reading this blog. Plus, I think this will be a good opportunity for me to practice writing about something that I love and at least have a body of written work to show people. I’d love to have the opportunity to someday have a job with or related to MLS.
I probably will not be updating this blog daily but I will be hoping to at least get a post up giving my thoughts on every game. I’ll also be commenting from time to time on the United States national team, and anything else that I want to that comes up in the world of soccer. There are a lot of places to go to though for opinions on stuff like that, so the bulk of what I post will probably be about the Fire.
Anyway, I appreciate everyone reading this blog; please feel free to post any comments or questions and please check back for more updates.
- Kev

No comments: